Use the links and recommendations below to support those affected by the wildfires in Southwest Kansas. New contacts will be added as we learn of additional opportunities to help. Please share this page and check back often! Contact Laura to add your information below.
Farm and ranch goods
Feed, hay, milk replacer, vet supples, corrales, fencing materials, bottles, farm trucks and more
Where to help:
- KS | Kansas Livestock Association: call (785) 273-5115
- KS | Kansas Farm Bureau
- Fulfill a request on the Kansas Farm Bureau list of those in need of donations.
- Affected ranchers and families can share their needs through Kansas Farm Bureau assistance request form.
- KS | Ashland Feed and Seed: Neal and Jeff Kay are coordinating efforts and collections
- Deliveries go to 1975 County Road U in Ashland (on the south end of Main Street on the south end of town)
- Call before heading out: (620) 635-5001 or (620) 635-0072.
- KS | Ashland Venterinary Center: call (620) 635-2641
- KS | Farmers Cooperative, S. Central Ave., Coldwater, KS: call Sandra Levering, (620) 518-2247
- KS | Farmers Cooperative Equity Company, 1447 NW River Road, Medicine Lodge, KS: call Chris Boyd, (620) 243-2584
- KS | Bucklin area ranchers: call David Noll, (785) 925-2552
- OK | Harper County Extension: call (580) 735-2252
- OK | Buffalo Feeders: call (580) 727-5530
- TX | Supply Point 1, 301 Bull Barn Dr., Pampa, Texas: call Mike Jeffcoat, 806-669-8033
- TX | Supply Point 2, 202 West Main St, Lipscomb, Texas: call J.R. Spragg, 806-862-4601
- TX | Texas Dept. of Agriculture Hay Hotline: call (877) 429-1998 to donate
- KS | Clark County: Brice Gibson, (620) 635-2811
- KS | Comanche County: Aaron Sawyers, (620) 582-2411
- KS | Meade County: Elly Sneath, (620) 873-8790
- OK | Harper County: (580) 735-2252
Home goods and necessities
- Please let us know what items are needed and where they can be delivered!
Trucks and hauling
Fuel cards welcome! Contact Laura to donate fuel and we’ll find the right path to get it into a volunteer hauler’s hands!
To provide trucking services:
- OK | Buffalo Feeders: call (580) 727-5530
- KS | Lazy H Trucking, Westphalia, KS: Mitchell Highberger, (785) 448-7914
Where to help:
- KS | Ashland Veterinary Center (local command center for volunteers): call (620) 635-2641
- KS | Clark County Farm Bureau (local command center for volunteers): call coordinator Jodeen Leaming-Udovich at (620) 338-1347
How to donate:
- KS | Orphan Calf Relief c/o Meade State Bank
- Mail checks to: Meade State Bank, PO Box 250, Meade, KS 67864 – “orphan calf relief” in the memo
- KS | Kansas Livestock Foundation
- Online form at: Kansas Livestock Foundation wildfire relief fund
- Mail checks to: Kansas Livestock Foundation, 6031 SW 37th St., Topeka, KS 66614 – “Fire relief fund” should be written in the memo line
- KS | Ashland Community Foundation
- Send checks to: Ashland Community Foundation, P.O. Box 276, Ashland, KS 67831 – “Fire relief fund” should be written in the memo line
- KS | Comache County Economic Development Fund
- Mail checks to: People Bank, Attn: Wynn Alexandar, PO Box 727, Coldwater, KS 67029
- KS | Meade County Economic Development Fund
- Mail checks to: Meade County Economic Development, PO Box 238, Meade, KS 67864 – “Meade Co wildfire relief” in memo
- KS | Reno County VOAD (Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster)
- Hutchinson/Reno County Disaster Recovery Fund at the Hutchinson Community Foundation, PO Box 298, Hutchinson, KS 67504-0298
- Disaster Fund at United Way of Reno County, PO Box 2230, Hutchinson Kansas 67504-2230
- Call: 620-663-5293
- KS | United Way of the Plains
- Make checks payable to United Way of the Plains and include “Reno County Fire” or “Ford County Area Fires” in the memo — mail to United Way of the Plains, 245 N. Water, Wichita, KS 67202
- Text TEAMWORK to 41444 — you will receive a link to complete your gift online
- KS | Buhler Education Foundation USD 313 Fire Victims Account at First National Bank
- Deposits can be made at any First National Bank location
- KS | Catholic Charities of Southwest Kansas
- Donate via their online form
- OK | Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Foundation
- Make checks payable to Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Foundation and put “Fire Relief” in the memo line and send to P.O. Box 82395, Oklahoma City, Okla. 73148.
- Donate online at http://bit.ly/1qjSqKG
Shop + support
- KS | Wildfire + landscape photo prints by Laura Noll, daughter of ranchers affected – 100% of proceeds support efforts through the Kansas Livestock Foundation wildfire relief fund
- KS | Eva Gardiner prints – supporting Kansas Livestock Foundation wildfire relief fun
- KS | T-shirts by K-State Sigma Alpha – supporting Kansas Livestock Foundation wildfire relief fund
- KS | Upcoming auctions
- A registered Hereford bull donated by Sandhill Farms of Haviland will sell March 31 during their annual bull and female sale. The bull will sale as Lot 62. The sale catalog can be viewed at www.sandhillfarms.com.
- Farmers and Ranchers Livestock Sales will be selling a Charolais bull donated by Fink Beef Genetics near Randolph in a rollover auction March 21.
- Hinkson Angus Ranch of Cottonwood Falls will donate the proceeds from a 3-year-old commercial cow-calf pair to sell during their annual production sale March 21. The pair will sell as Lot 130. To view the sale catalog, visit www.hinksonangus.com.
- Cherokee Livestock Sales in Oklahoma will be selling two heifers March 22, with the proceeds from one going to KLF and the other to help ranchers in their state.
- A steer donated by Neal and Marya Haverkamp of Bern will sell in a progressive auction March 23 at Marysville Livestock Auction.
- Pratt Livestock also will be holding a benefit auction March 23.
- McCabe Genetics of Elk City will be donating 25% of the proceeds of two bulls selling in their annual bull and commercial female sale March 23. The bulls well sell as Lot 1 and Lot 192. Both bulls can be viewed on videos at www.mccabegenetics.com.
- Proceeds from the sale of an open Angus heifer will be donated by Black Velvet Cattle. The heifer will sell as Lot 84 during the ranch’s annual production sale March 28 at Mankato Livestock Commission. A sale catalog can be found at www.blackvelvetcattle.com.
Social media, news and reporting
- SHARE, LIKE and POST anything and everything related to the wildfires and relief efforts! Use #kswildfires to support the effort. The more noise we make, the more national channels have to pay attention!